It’s summer and that means it’s time to get out and have fun with family and friends or start that DIY project you’ve been dying to do. Don’t let money get in your way of doing what you want with your summer. Here are some savings secrets that will help you start that special project or enjoy the warm weather with your family and friends.
· If you want to get supplies for that home improvement DIY project this week is the week to buy. Home improvement stores offer discounts of 50% or more for Father’s Day. Take advantage of these deals to get all the supplies you need.
· Enjoy that new thrill ride at a discount. Buy theme park tickets early at grocery stores or other retailers. Getting tickets at the park entrance are guaranteed to be more expensive. Make use of student and military discounts where possible.
· If you want to see this summer’s most anticipated movies visit theaters that offer discounts. The Cinemark group of theaters offer senior, family, student, and military discounts. Additionally they offer special pricing on the first matinee show of the day. If you want even deeper savings check out their official Discount Day! Learn more at Cinemark.com. Other theaters offer similar discounts if there isn’t a Cinemark theater in your area. Reward cards will help you enjoy savings on theater snacks as well.
· If you want to take a trip across country book your flights on the weekend to save money. If possible try to depart on Tuesday or Wednesday as those are the cheapest departure days. Sunday is usually the most expensive return day. Try and return on Monday to continue your trip savings.
· Take some time to relax on the green. Wednesdays are the slowest days for private and public golf clubs. They may offer discounts on rounds this day.